The Rural Theaters COVID-19 Support Initiative will provide $320-400,000 in financial assistance to remote theaters across Colorado, which constitute the heart of Main Street in so many rural communities. Grant awards will be distributed to rural theaters at $7,500, $10,000, or $12,500 levels depending on eligibility, need, and availability of funds. These funds are made possible by a partnership between the Office of Economic Development and International Trade, the Gates Family Foundation, the Boettcher Foundation, and the El Pomar Foundation, as well as the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority.
Applications are open November 20 – December 4, 2020. This is a competitive application (not first-come, first-served) and there will likely be more eligible, deserving theaters than we are able to serve.
Prior to beginning your application, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Through this rapidly updating situation, please be sure to follow local, state, and federal healthcare resources for the most current information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Guidance
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment COVID-19 Recommendations
- Colorado Tourism COVID-19 Information for Travelers
- Colorado Crisis Services
- Energize Colorado & OraLabs PPE Supplies
- Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 Business Resource Center for information regarding featured programs, resources for Colorado businesses and employees, public health updates, and more.
- Check the Colorado COVID Relief Fund to see if your organization may qualify for an operating grant.
- If you think you may qualify for a Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan, please visit the Colorado Small Business Development Center Network.
- Have a small business? Check out the Payroll Protection Program in Three Easy Steps
- A guide to Safer-at-Home
- Safer-at-Home FAQs
Fact Guides & FAQ
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.pdf
- SBA Disaster Loan Guide for Nonprofits.pdf
- SBA Disaster Loan Guide for Creative Businesses.pdf
We know that COVID-19 will continue to affect productions across Colorado. Please take note of some emergency resources for artists:
- The Actors Fund
- Americans for the Arts Economic Impact Survey
- Americans for the Arts COVID-19 Resource and Response Center
- Artists’ Charitable Fund
- The Artists’ Fellowship
- Arts Through It All
- Bonfils Stanton Arts & Culture Relief Fund
- CERF+ Emergency Assistance
- Creative Capital Resource List
- Denver Actor’s Fund
- El Pomar Foundation Colorado Assistance Fund
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- Freelancers Relief Fund
- Motion Picture and Television Fund
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness and Emergency Response
- Pioneer’s Assistance Fund for Theater Workers
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
- RiNo Support Fund Micro Grant
- The Safe Way Forward
- Industry-Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee Task Force
- Kleenset Colorado PPE Supplies
- Art House Convergence
- Bonfils Stanton Foundation
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA)
- Colorado Small Business Information Hotline: 303.860.5881
- Colorado Springs Small Business Relief Fund
- COVID-19 Freelance Artists Resources
- COVID-19 Small Business Alternative Funding
Don’t forget to reach out to your local industry groups, like the Ad Club Colorado, Colorado Film & Video Association, IATSE – Local 7, SAG-AFTRA Colorado, and Women in Film and Media Colorado to stay in touch with your community (see our longer list of Industry Resources).
If you were planning to attend a screening or film event in the coming weeks, check in with the host organization for the latest information. Some events and festivals are moving to online platforms to align with social distancing policies. The list below is ever-evolving and will be regularly updated.
Digital/Streaming Events & Resources:
- 5Point Unlocked
- Aspen Shortsfest Virtual Screening
- Boulder Digital Arts Online-Only Classes
- Broadcast Pueblo
- CBCA Webinars
- Denver Open Media Events Streaming
- Entertainment Partners Free Webinar Series
- Film Festival Alliance
- MountainFilm 2020 Festival Online-Only
- Rocky Mountain PBS New Daytime Schedule for Learning During School-Closures
- Sie Film Center Virtual Screenings
- Supernova by Denver Digerati
- Vail Film Festival
- We Are Denver Livestream Network by the Black Actors Guild and We Are Denver
- XicanIndie FilmFest XXII
Things to Do:
Thank you to all of you for prioritizing the health and safety of our film/television/media community and of all Coloradans.